Why Choose Clayton & Lambert?
- Endless Possibilities – Unlike other pool manufacturers who expect you to design your space around one of their standard pool shapes, Clayton & Lambert works from sketches that you and your builder create together. Using your design, we fabricate a custom pool to fit your individual space and design goals…virtually any size or shape you can imagine. While a custom manufactured pool may seem out of reach, our 55+ years in the pool business has allowed us to streamline our manufacturing processes. This means you can have a top of the line – custom manufactured pool for close to the same price you might pay for a mass-produced “cookie cutter” design.
- Your Choice of Wall Heights – While we offer wall heights from 9 inches, all the way up to 6 feet tall, our most popular wall heights are 39 inches and 45 inches. The 39 inch wall height is great for families with children. The 45 inch wall height is for those who desire a slightly deeper shallow end. The maximum depth of your pools deep end can be chosen, according to your desired uses.
- Stainless Steel Coping is Standard – Coping is exposed to the elements. Other manufacturers use flimsy plastic or aluminum coping that will eventually crack and discolor. After being in the pool business as long as we have, we know what lasts and what doesn’t. That’s why Clayton & Lambert only uses stainless steel coping on both our stainless steel and vinyl liner pools. What may seem like a small detail can save you money in the long run when you avoid painting, patching and replacing less suitable coping rim materials.
- Strength of Construction – Clayton & Lambert pools are built to last. Time and time again, our pool wall structure and bracing designs are reviewed and approved by outside engineers for the many commercial pools that we manufacture. These same designs are used in the pool we manufacture for you. This is strength you can rely on.
Stainless Steel-Concrete Pools
- Stainless Steel Provides the Best Long Term Value of Any Pool Wall Material – It will not require painting, patching or replacing.
- Almost Zero Maintenance – requires little more than an occasional wipe-down with a sponge
- No Costly Vinyl Liner to Replace – Ever. This benefit alone can recover much of the higher initial cost of a stainless steel pool.
- Proven by Time – The first stainless steel pool was installed nearly 50 years ago, and is still going strong.
- C&L uses high quality (domestically sourced) 304 stainless with a satin finish.
- Impervious to the Freeze/Thaw Cycle – Stainless expands and contracts at the same rate as concrete. Temperature extremes will not cause the wall to separate from the concrete bottom, and with our stainless walls, you have stainless steel in the most critical area – the freeze line.
- Not Faded or Discolored by UV Rays
The satiny finish of the Clayton & Lambert stainless steel wall gives you a sleek, smooth look. While the stainless subtly reflects its surroundings, blending in with the environment…the real beauty is in its durability and ease of maintenance. The fact is, you are getting a true commercial-quality swimming pool for your home.
Once the wall system is assembled, a 6-8” concrete bottom and binder are poured. Concrete skirts the bottom of the wall panel, going up the back 6-8 inches, underneath 6 inches, and up the front of the panel 3 inches creating an incredibly tight seal, bonding permanently to the stainless steel. Many different pool bottom finish options are available, allowing you to achieve the look you desire.
Vinyl Liner Swimming Pools
- Our vinyl liner pools offer great value with a more affordable initial investment.
- We can do things with vinyl liner pools that nobody thought possible…things that were previously restricted to stainless steel or gunite pools. Vanishing Edges, Free-form shapes and waterfalls are just a few of the special additions that can help you escape the ordinary.
Choice of wall material:
- Stainless steel is hands-down, the best choice for vinyl liner pool walls. You get the same grade of stainless used in our top-of-the-line Stainless/Concrete pools. It just has a few cosmetic blemishes that you’ll never see under the liner, and that saves you money. Stainless will remain smooth under the liner. It won’t rust, crack, peel or bulge (major causes of liner damage).
- Galvanized steel is durable, yet affordable. It will provide many years of good service.
- Vanishing Edge – Your water’s surface disappears into the landscape creating an illusion of infinity. Ask your builder about designing a Clayton & Lambert vanishing edge pool to fit your unique environment.
- Automatic Cover Pools – Utilizing our automatic cover coping rim or wide top flanged panels, our automatic cover pools have a clean and finished appearance.
- Steps, Benches, and Sundecks – Stainless-concrete or vinyl liner, we can custom fabricate steps, benches, and/or sundecks to fit the design and intended use for your pool. Straight, radiused, angled…just about any size or shape you can imagine. Formed plastic steps also available for vinyl liner pools.